What up homies? Its been awfully long since my last blog-post innit? Well, blame it on the boredom i say!! About a coupl'a weeks ago, i'd have longed for holidays! Exams were a torture you know. Utter torture. And on June 19, 6:01:23 pm, precisely, you should have seen my face. It was glowing like never before. As if i had a few hundred light bulbs "fevicoled" to my face. The brightness exuded was unreal. The power generated by my face would'a been enough to light up a city-and-a-half. Gosh, I have never been this relieved in a long long time. Probably a thousand and eighteen years. Okay, fine, i've not lived that much, but a little bit of emphasis can do no harm. Can it?
The first few days of a vacation are always exciting though. You make those impromptu plans for a 2/3 day trip to a place far away from the hustle and bustle of Bombay, and set off a.s.a.p. This time it was Lonavala which was graced by our presence. A weekend there can surely freshen you up. The overcast sky, the cool weather, the flowing streams and mini-waterfalls around, the company of your best mates..i mean, what more could one want eh? Exams? What exams??
But when you return from your excursion, the reality sinks in the very next day. Vacations are never that enthralling 95.78% of the times, cos there's nought to do! I mean, you're so bored that you cant be arsed to sit with your laptop on your comfortable couch, and write a blog-post even! Jesus! All i have done this week is sleep, eat, stare at my wall(blankly), sleep, stare, eat, watch tv, irritate mum, get bored of it, stare, get bored of it too, listen to music, get bored of it, irritate mum, watch tv again, read a novel, get mightily bored by it, try and learn photoshop, close the app in no time..*takes a breath*..err, and more of the same. The other day i was actually vacuum-ing my room and my wardrobe. The fact that i was THAT bored that i was compelled to do such obnoxious tasks has GOT TO be the understatement of the century! And if that wasn't enough, i dismantled my pc, removed all wires and a few components that could be re-fixed (:P), and re-assembled it again. I actually spent 3 hours doing it. When boredom striketh, there's nothing that can stop you from doing such preposterous and insanely abominable tasks. Seriously! I had infact invented a Bored-O-Meter™ to portray the extent of my boredom. But guess what, it exploded on day one cos the scale was too friggin' small. Blimey!
Well, i guess you're already bored by the boringly boring exaggeration of my unbelievably boring boredom. So i'd better drift away from this.
A couple of blog-posts ago, i had mentioned a certain incident which led to the purchase of my birthday gift, which, for all you pea-brains out there who dont remember, was a smashing pair of sunglasses gifted by my wonderful pals. Well, i said i'd describe that incident in detail a little later on. I guess now's the time to do so.
It was the study-leave and as usual, a few of us friends were in college studying/trying to study together. My birthday was coming up in no time but there was hardly any time to think about it as we had so much on our plate already. Yogita comes to me on one such day and tells me that she needs to go to Shoppers' Stop in the evening to buy a pair of sunglasses for her "jiju". She wanted me to accompany her. Normally i'd have obliged. But that day, I thought against it since i was already short of time, and i thought i'd waste time unnecessarily. But then again, what would i do after going home? I mean, after a day of heavy studying, there was no way i was going to touch my book that day. So i decided it'd be best if i accompanied her. So i agreed. We set off after our usual day of studies, and this time, Saurajit decided to accompany us too. The sunglasses section was huge. There was a wide range to choose from. Yogi and Saurajit asked me to try 'em glares one by one. As if i was one of those dummy-statues in those apparel stores that you come across. Literally! I was made to try no more than a million glares. And all they could muster up was, "Nah, this dont look any good. Try this one!" or "Uh no, this doesn't suit you" or "Eeeurgh, try this one please!". I was starting to get a bit worked up. I mean, they had brought me there just to stand like a statue and have sunglasses tried upon. Was i some kind of lifeless being which just stood there whilst those two put innumerable glasses on my face, and gave me those weird supercilious looks if the glasses didn't suit me, as if i had done something gravely
wrong. But then after a few minutes, i kinda liked it. I mean, i was trying out different shades and then i had the mirror to look into as well. The narcissistic freak that i am, i asked for more and more such trials. I was friggin' lovin' it. I could almost picture myself with one of those glares, on the beach, on a lovely sunny day staring at the blue sea. With someone clicking pictures of me doing that obviously. Whats the point if that wasn't the case. ;) :P
Whilst trying out the sunglasses, Yogi told me to select sunglasses as if i was selecting it for my own self. Okay, so here's the point when i started getting a bit suspicious. I knew my b'day was around, and what she said made me think a bit. I had the faintest of feelings that the glares were meant for me. But then again, till now, we never gifted people on their b'days. So the thought quickly evaporated. But then both of them started acting more and more suspicious. Whilst i was trying, the glares, they gave each other weird glances and were talking in hushed tones. It was as if they were conniving to stab me suddenly from behind or something. Haha. But they're not as smart as i am. I could see what they were upto from the mirror. Hah! No one can elude me like that. The feeling i had got stronger by the minute. Their behavior gave it all. I was about 75-80% sure it was for me. The thought really made me happy, cos sunglasses were something i had planned to buy for quite sometime. And then, i couldn't resist and the moment finally came when i decided to show off my innate genius. I said, "Okay smart asses, stop the acting, cos i know for a fact that i have been brought here to select glares for myself". They were slightly taken aback, and i smiled. I was waiting for them to say, "Alright Einstein, we give up!". But what happened next was the opposite. The world-famous actress that she is, Yogi gave one of her trademark Oscar-winning performances and quickly got both of them out of the soup that they were in. I cannot simply describe it, cos her acting was THAT professional, so i will simply quote her. Here's what she said: "Ugh, you really thought that we were buying for you? I mean, we had never planned to buy anything for you, you know. I had just got you here cos your face and my "jiju's" face was kinda similar, so whatever suited you would suit him as well. But seriously, were you expecting a b'day gift? Dont worry yaar, we'll sort out something after the exams. Leave it to us. We never knew you were expecting a gift."
Now i know Yogi very well. I can find out if she's acting or not within no time, cos i'm almost the same as her. :D But i was lost for words this time. I thought she SERIOUSLY meant all this. I was taken aback. I had the WTF look on my face. I wanted to run away from there. I had a million thoughts running through my mind already. I was cursing myself. My "innate genius" was embarrassing the heck outta me at that instant. "Why did i have to say this????", i said to myself. I was cursing myself so badly. I was like, "Bloody hell, i never really expected any gift, but now i was in a
position where i had made them feel that i was indeed expecting a b'day gift when i clearly wasn't." I felt like crying. Throwing a fit. I almost wished there was a wild Tyrannosaurus Rex set out to chase me so that i could run away from there as fast as i could, so that i could save myself from further embarrassment. Jesus Christ!!!! I was aching to get out of there, and i told Yogi and Saurajit that it was getting late, and i think we'd better leave quickly. We quickly selected the glares, which was eventually with my consent, though i told myself, "You dare not think that way buddy". I told both of them that i didn't want any gift for my b'day, and i was just kidding. Lame excuse i know, but that was all i could muster up then. I was so apologetic, it wasn't even funny. On the way back home, i told Saurajit that i hadn't expected a gift at all. I mean, CMON, who asks for b'day gifts from people. Technically this wasn't the case, but the situation was pretty similar i tell you. And the cheeky little schemer that he is, he stroked the fire even more and made me feel even more miserable. Call me stupid or whatever, i couldn't stop thinking about this for the next few days. And then of course, the rest is history as you know it.
That piece of acting from Yogi was the best i have seen in ages!! I was completely fooled. I had made an absolute mockery of myself. LOL. But it was all well worth it in the end i tell you! It was WORTH IT!! This gift i will preserve forever. And this incident i will forget never! :D
Well, i think this is probably my biggest blog-post yet. My fingers are aching, so i'd better stop. You know, my boredom has actually subsided in the past half hour. I ought to write more blogs just to get rid of boredom. And even otherwise! What say?
As i end this post, the boredom is starting to creep in already. There! Bah, how booorrrrinnggg. *YAWN*
Until next time.
Hasta-La-Vista!
30 and beyond!
7 years ago
5 comments:
" This gift i will preserve forever"
and you smashed them the very next week (shaking head in a tired wise way)
haha..oh well, i'll preserve the "shattered" glasses forever.. ;) in case you didn't know it came with a warranty, mister!
Haha! Nice blog.... really very nice! Added to my blogroll!
Thanks Nupur. Glad you liked it. I will return the favor in a while.
waste!!useless!!broke the glasses the next week..lets see...if till the next birthday u don't start taking actions on the comments (on the card) that I the MASTER OF TAUNTS have written..it will be your last BirthDay ser!!
:)
btw u write awesome dude..plz do a favour..write for my blog also naa..
:P
Post a Comment